MARINE CONTROL DRIVES
Power Division Plus Positioning
Tugboats, ice breakers, dredgers and firefighting vessels can split main engine power to perform critical operations while maintaining accurate positioning and slow-speed maneuverability. The Twin Disc marine control drive (MCD) delivers two-in-one operation, performing as a fixed ratio drive when underway and as a variable ratio drive when a power divider is required. Recent clutch changes enable the largest model to transmit 3000 kW with full modulation and no restrictions.
- Three sizes each offer five models to cover the range of applications
- Power capacities range from 160 to 4500 kW (215 to 6035 hp) at 1800 rpm
- Smooth, gradual propeller speed change promotes maneuverability
- Comes standard with PTO to drive equipment
- Eliminates need for auxiliary engines